Reprinted from The New York Post by its editorial board on August 11, 2018.
“Cynthia Nixon last week released an ‘economic plan’ so pathetic that it almost makes Governor Cuomo’s ‘bribe our way to prosperity’ strategy look good,” writes The New York Post‘s editorial board.
“The Democratic challenger apparently is still hoping she can outbid Cuomo for union support. Her list of gifts is a shocker, even for a proud radical:
- Giving public-sector unions (transit workers, teachers, maybe even cops and firefighters) the right to strike.
- Speeding up the statewide move to a $15-an-hour minimum wage.
- Banning the use of tip money to meet the minimum-wage requirement.
- Pushing union-run apprenticeships for construction jobs.
- Opposing efforts to rein in budget-busting public-pension costs. …