Members of the Editors Guild did the labor movement proud on Saturday, with a strong showing at the 2019 NYC Labor Day Parade.
National Executive Director Cathy Repola helped lead Local 700’s portion of the march, which moved up Fifth Avenue from 44th St. to 67th St. in midtown Manhattan. The parade was created by the New York Central Labor Council, a non-profit group dedicated to supporting workers in many professions.
Here’s a sampling of the action:
- The parade gave members an opportunity to catch up.
- Repola flew in from Los Angeles to attend.
- The parade moved through the streets of Manhattan.
- There was a visit from a special guest: Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York.
- Members rounded out the day with a lunch at the Loeb Boathouse.